March 7, 2008

Written on the Wind (True Story)

She punched in the keywords “Privacy Boundaries” and there it was, just like the lost WWII squadron in “Close Encounters”. My girlfriend, Brigitte, had gone to the library site at Bruce State University and the first thing that popped up was the abstract for my dissertation. It was registered under the Communications Department. Is that my discipline? Well, not really. Actually I have a doctorate in English Language and Literature. But I wrote every word of it. For a long time I thought I would never see it again, after all I wrote it for someone so psychotic that; a) I never really believed a major university dissertation committee would allow someone as dysfunctional as Nancy to get a degree and; B) I was resigned to the fact that her meticulous thwarting of my every attempt to find out her real name and where she went to school would forever prevent me from seeing the fruit of my…err…research. I first met her at Angel College.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I googled Randy Tessier, and there you were, in many differant incarnations: a musician, a writer of fiction, a recovering pleasure addict, a friend mourning the loss of loved ones gone from this world, a kind caring loving human being who has been dealt some brutal blows in more ways than one. Randy Tessier, the person I remember as being a prolific reader of paper-backs, who had a notebook of wonderfully sensitive lyrics, who came up with catchey melodies over interesting chord changes and who was the life of any party wherever he was, who lived in a subteranian hippey-like pad on Waldo St. I am still drawn to this individual who still has all of these cuallities to this day.