October 3, 2007

Bill DeBroux

10/03/07

I want to send a big shout out to some cool people I know.

Mr. Billy DeBroux, are you cool or what. I had always thought that I was the worst delinquent to ever grace (nice pun) the halls of St. John’s school. I think you’ve topped me lad. Saying fuck you to Sister Ruthless Marie, wow, cool dude. Now that I think back, those looked like man breasts on the old cow. Who could tell with those get ups they wore? Gee, I wonder why I don’t buy Bush’s idea that a Western Christian moral ethic is best for the world. How smart you are, my son. Would that the rest of the Walrus had your intellectual or rhetorical skills we wouldn’t have these no brainer discussions every year. Between Bill and Mike’s gigs at Mt. Shasta and neighborhood barbecues it must be difficult for them to decide whether Up Front & Co. and a packed house of adoring geriatrics is worth it. Bill, you write well, are an astute music critic, and, above all else, a good guy. Love & Peace – Randy

Mr. Steve Desjardins, thank you for being you! The devil…..errr…God, broke the mold after he/she beamed you down. A scholar, a man of the world, and a good father, husband and friend, other than that, you’re about average. Given your excellent elementary education (see above on DeBroux) it’s no wonder that you’re a star at U-M.

Dear R.J.: Talented, super intelligent artist, painter, illustrator, musician, and on and on. I hope that all who see the link to your blog make a visit. In terms of broadening their spiritual and intellectual horizons they owe it to themselves. Love - Randy

Bonnie, I’m so pleased to hear you got the music stuff. FUBAR is currently working on a new disc. Peace to you and yours - Randy

2 comments:

RJ said...

Randy-- thank you so much for the beautiful "shout out". I have so many wonderful memories of stuff we have done together over the years. Music, books, discussions about art, golf ("there's another worm-burner!!!"), more music, single malt, etc etc etc. I have always kind of thought of you as the brother I never had.

With sincere love and affection--

RJ

Anonymous said...

Randy,
Your groupie from long, long ago is very pleased to have reconnected with you and Don. Trying to talk Don into a 2 hour drive to visit our beautiful desert. Your tunes are with me once again! "Clean House" is definitely being played loudly! Thanks for your kindness and sharing. See Catholic School was good for something ;) Stay strong and stay "cool" you Sagitarius/Tiger!
~*~
Bonni
Leo/Rabbit