October 26, 2007

Politics

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition. How about the Westboro Baptist Church splinter fundamentalist group (we’re not in Kansas any more Toto) that picket the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq? Carrying signs like “God hates you,” and “Thank God For Dead Soldiers,” they believe God is killing our troops as punishment for America’s tolerance of homosexuality.

It’s Cormac McCarthy, Bonnie, and I’ve read that one. His stuff is heavy.

I found the recent news item about the sale of Che Guevara’s hair and death photos very sad.

Rudy Giuliani couldn’t say whether waterboarding was torture either. What say we strap Rudy to a board, cover his mouth with a cloth, and repeatedly pour water over the cloth until he gags and experiences a drowning sensation--trying to avoid the unfortunate possibility that he might drown or have a heart attack. Well Rudy, is that torture? John McCain had this comment regarding Guiliani’s ignorance on the subject: “All I can is that it was used in the Spanish Inquisition, it was used in Pol Pot’s genocide in Cambodia, and there are reports that it’s being used against Buddhist monks today.”

1 comment:

RJ said...

Randy--

Sorry to hear about your cat.

I like your new colors.

I just made a new post on my blog: "Randy & the Pre-Raphaelites". I think you will enjoy it. I would love it if you would take a moment to leave a comment. I have been getting some visitors but nobody has left any comments yet. Here is a link:

http://rjart.blogspot.com/

RJ