December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas




Dear All:


They say that all good writing begins with a passion for it. I’m sitting here stoned, gouty, and itchy, and I’m supposed to get crazy about this. What I have noticed is that anything of interest is autobiographical, and that most of us can’t achieve the necessary distance to sort out the chaos of our own lives. I certainly can’t.


Take for instance my childhood. My Catholic upbringing would seem a rich vein of self-reflection. But I can’t really describe the depth of how twisted it has left me. Those authors that truly approach the depraved sensibility my past evokes would seem too much to some. My friend and office mate gave me a compendium of Ivan Brunetti’s work that exactly touched my most decadent sensibilities. His comics unleashed my inner hysteric. The book is “Misery Loves Company.” I was going to try and describe it, but doing so would risk alienating even my most loyal supporters.


For you action movie, science-fiction fans, here’s my 4 minute + Xmas video card: go to youtube, search terms = Ataque de Panicol (Panic Attack!) 2009 by Fede Alvarez. Speaking of New age greetings, many thanks to Sudsy and Nancy for the Bob Dylan Xmas card.


I’m still sitting here…time to go to B.s for bone-in rib roast. But not before stopping at Frenchs to borrow some gout medicine.


Merry Christmas - Randy


No comments: