July 16, 2009

Return to the Blackfoot




“Extraordinary how potent cheap music is.”
-- Noel Coward 199-1973 “Private Lives” (1930)

Dear Diary:
Haven’t blogged for a while. I’m unsure of what to say, so I think I’ll address you instead. It’s Thursday (should that be capitalized?), the Ann Arbor Art Fair is under way, and the weather is pleasantly cool. Some of these artists will head north, braving even leaner venues in the aftermath of the Econcaust. What if they had an Art Fair and nobody came? There’s a money making tee shirt, by God. He walked into the jungle and came out a rich man. Quite a remarkable thing. Speaking of Art, here’s a poem:

Billy DeBroux and
Bonni Q.
They’re gonna be there,
How about you?












The blog gets so tedious. Knowing there’s an expectation that I produce something interesting, and given my utter disappointment on later readings, makes it difficult to find the muse at times.

Billy, think of yourself as the narrative glue used in book binding. You will provide the narration for that most glorious epic which is sure to follow McGOOSTOCK ’09 down through the ages. 100 years from now when they retell this tale around campfires on the Yellowdog Plains, they’ll speak of noble DeBroux and a dog named Boo.

If you read the letter two posts ago on the blog, you won’t be surprised when a slightly edited version of this self same letter appears in the Marquette Mining Journal, praise God!

Wait a minute, I thought I was addressing my diary!

This afternoon French and I will be practicing with our trusted drum machine (Kuhli gets in tomorrow at 3:30) and Dave Cavender. We’ll rehearse the Chemojunkie set and continue that unending process of fine tuning our craft. Tonight George Bedard & the Kingpins will be appearing at the AA Art Fair between 8-9. I’ve got my outfit all picked out, but you’ll have to wait until tomorrows post for a photo.

What else? My mother sent me an air bed, quite thoughtful of her. She won’t have to sleep on the floor on her next visit.

Oni took Brigitte’s bass drum home and put a festive McGOOSTOCK logo on the head.
I’m anxious to get on with it.

Everything seems to be in place. We head north on Monday.

Nick, I’ll see you at the door.

-- RT

No comments: