June 11, 2009

Beer, Wine, & Eczema



Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:06:35 -0400 [09:06:35 AM EDT]
From:
Igor
To:
Randall Tessier
Reply-To:
igor
Subject:
Re: Eczema Randall Tessier (vacation)

I will be on vacation from May 31st until June 8th.Dr. Starling will cover any clinic issues in interim.
rlt 06/11/09 09:06 >>>


Dear Dr. Igor:


I thought this might be helpful to you. After 3 visits to the UM clinic, gallons of skin creams, various antihistamines, prescription cotosteroid, and a round of antibiotic (keflex), the lesions are rapidly disappearing. After a night of torment last friday, I decided to stop drinking beer, wine,and all whiskeys and vodkas made from grains. Rather than beer or wine (yeast, hops, and grapes)I switched to potato vodka and sugarcane rum(not too much of course). My thinking was this. In my twenties I had horrible hayfever in the late summer. As I recall, whenever I drank a beer, the congestive onslaught would begin. So, on the advice of my girlfriend, I decided to give this a try: eliminate what I now consider to be, at least in my case, the most profound trigger for histimine production. The results have been dramatic. The half-dollar sized lesions, small-pimply clusters on my wrists, kneecaps, and ankles, and raised welts are barely discernable on this, the sixth day, after making this change.


Best - Randall Tessier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've been told if you have allergy/skin problems to eliminate grain from your pets diet and you will find relief also. Guess it is not natural for dogs/cats to have grain in their diet.

Bonni Q