October 18, 2008

Murder Most Foul!



Dear Readers:

Mike Stadler, a true son of the north, sophisticated intellect, and wonderful singer-songwriter (check out his new CD, "North Country"), has left some interesting comments on substance abuse (see Big Bay Chronicles: Local Color and Oxys in Covington), the sulfide mining controversy (Upper Peninsula Journal: Save Kennicott and Arm the Bears), and BIID (BIID: Philosophical or Medical Issue?).

Mike's post on BIID is a kindly response (take a look at it Bill) to another well educated (St. John's alumnus) friend of us all, Bill Debroux. By the way Bill, thanks for the props on the George Bedard post.

Lastly, some time ago I alluded to the fact that one of our northern brethren was acquainted with John Norman Collins, the infamous Michigan Murderer, who is presently incarcerated in Marquette State Prison. Little did I know that a set of circumstances would arise in which one of Collins's alleged victims from some 40 years ago would become an issue in my circle of friends. As it turns out, a drummer I work with was playing at the club (The Depot House) where, shortly before her body was found, Alice Kalom was last seen on June 7, 1969.

Friends, this is no fiction. I'll post the full details on my next blog entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your mention I checked out North Country. I remember Mike. Ordered up the c.d. Don K was here over the weekend and we almost made it to the Joshua Tree "Roots" Music Festival in our high desert. Mike would have fit right in there. Maybe one year he will come on down. Keep writing, I'm still reading. ~*~Peace, Bonni Q